Click HERE to follow me on Instagram!
I remember my Mother occasionally making Bavarian Cream Puffs when I was a child. I remember how delicious they were and also how excited we were when she made them. I also remember my parents wrapping them in foil and hiding them in the freezer for later. So here is the gluten free version!
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- Whisk flour, sugar and salt in stand mixer.
- In a sauce pan boil water and butter.
- Add water and butter mixture to flour mixture and stir quickly until it reaches a consistency of dough.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat on low speed until well blended.
- Drop mounds of dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet, I put mine in a well-greased cupcake pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes then lower heat to 350°F and bake about 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from baking pan and cool completely, overnight is best.
- Slice off the top and remove some of the moist dough and fill with your favorite filling and place the tops back on. I used gluten free cheesecake flavored pudding.
- Top with powdered sugar and chocolate syrup (optional).
- I wrapped each puff in foil. You can store in freezer or fridge.
Don’t forget to subscribe by entering your email to the right –>