Click HERE to follow me on Instagram!
A couple of years ago my husband and I discovered a small, hole in the wall, Thai restaurant near our home.
We are pretty sure that we probably paid their electricity bill one month due to how many times we ate there.
We became addicted to Tom Yum Goong soup. I just had to learn how to make it.
6 cups of water
Thumb sized chunk of ginger (chopped)
4 stalks of lemongrass (chopped)
8 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 white onions (cut in large wedges)
3 tomatoes (cut in large wedges)
3-4 Red or green Thai chili pepers (chopped)
A bunch of cilantro (chopped)
2 handfuls of whole mushrooms
Juice of 5 limes
2 tablespoons of Thai chili paste
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons of sugar (or other sweetener)
2 Tablespoons of fish sauce
1lb of shrimp
-Bring the 6 cups of water to a boil.
– Add ginger, lemongrass, garlic, chili paste, fish sauce, and lime juice.
– Next add sugar, salt, and chili peppers. Bring to a rolling boil.
– Add shrimp (you can also use chicken instead of shrimp, or tofu for a vegetarian version)
– Add mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes.
– Add cilantro, stir and turn off heat.
Don’t forget to subscribe by entering your email to the right –>