Click HERE to follow me on Instagram!
I have recently gotten hip to matcha tea. I will admit I was a little worried at first about how it would taste. But I kept reading great reviews recipes that sounded amazing.
Matcha Tea Benefits
- Enhances mood
- Improves skin
- Increases energy level
- Increases metabolism
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Lowers cholesterol
- Contributes to weight loss
Match Green Tea Antioxidant Levels (www.bodybuilding.com)
- 6.2 times that of Goji Berries
- 7 times that of Dark Chocolate
- 17 times that of Wild Blueberries
- 60.5 times that of Spinach
With statistics like that, how could I say no? I have only tried matcha tea a few ways in the 2 weeks that I have been drinking it, but I will admit that I can pass up coffee for matcha. I actually feel more awake after drinking matcha than I ever have from coffee.
Trust me when I say that you should not be afraid of the bright green color of this amazing drink. If you follow this recipe you will be blown away with how wonderful it tastes and the many ways that you can enjoy this drink.
Coconut milk (or any kind of milk)
Coconut Oil (optional)
Agave Nectar (or any other sweetener)
Matcha Tea powder
Vanilla extra (or vanilla coffee creamer, I used Coconut milk French Vanilla Coffee Creamer)
Pumpkin Pie Spice (or you can use cinnamon, or leave this out completely)
Blender & Microwave
– Fill your coffee mug 2/3 with milk, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil, 1 teaspoon agave nectar, 1 tablespoon vanilla. Then fill mug the rest of the way with water.
– Microwave for 1 minute.
– Place warm mixture in blender. Add matcha powder and pumpkin pie spice.
– Blend thoroughly.
– Pour back in mug and microwave for 1 more minute.
A lot of people recommend using the wooden whisk for matcha tea, but I find that a blender works better and is much quicker.
You can still mix match tea powder with just hot water, but warm milk brings out the flavors.
Don’t forget to subscribe by entering your email to the right –>