Searching for that perfect 4th of July dessert that fits a low carb or gluten free diet? Then you definitely need to try this!
I must say that up until recently my absolute favorite fruit was Strawberries. My new found love is pineapple and mango…I think I need to go somewhere tropical. Even though strawberries are no longer my #1, I am still a sucker for strawberry shortcake. So of course I had to find a low carb alternative.
Low Carb & Gluten Free
1 stick of butter, melted
1 ½ cups almond flour
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cup Erythritol powdered (to do this you can blend regular erythritol until powdered)
1 pt heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups strawberries, sliced
- Stir together the butter and almond flour and press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Place in freezer to cool.
- While the crust is cooling Beat 1 pt whipping cream, 1/4 cup Erythritol, and vanilla until you get the consistency of Cool Whip.
- Next, take 1 cup of the whipped cream mixture and place in another bowl with cream cheese, remainder of erythritol and mix well. Spread this mixture on cooled crust.
- Then add your layer of sliced strawberries.
- Top with remainder of whipped topping.
Makes 8 servings.
5 Net Carbs per serving
Beware, it is hard to eat just one serving!
Don’t forget to follow/subscribe!