Today I am going to share my new favorite, quick, low carb, gluten free, meal. There are five categories of food that I cannot live without: Pizza, Pork, Thai Food, Chocolate, and Tacos. The chocolate thing has been a big challenge for me while watching what I eat. And luckily my husband found the perfect low carb-gluten free pizza crust recipe (while I promise to share one of these days), pork is in the diet as long as I make my low carb BBQ sauce (which I will also eventually share), and we have made Pad Thai with zucchini noodles…so my last challenge has been tacos. Since the birth of Chipotle I have not been able to enjoy a taco bowl without rice, and if there is no rice, then there better be a tortilla. So I finally found something quick and easy that satisfies my craving for tacos!
Low Carb-Gluten Free
3 Chicken Breasts (seasoned with salt and pepper)
2 Tbs Chili Powder
2 tsp Garlic Powder
3 stalks Green Onion chopped
4 Tbs chopped Cilantro
Shredded Cheese (any kind)
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper and cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces, or leave it whole if you prefer to shred it once it is cooked.
- Cook chicken in an oiled pan. Once it is about half way cooked add your chili powder, green onion, garlic powder and cilantro. Saute until chicken is cooked through.
- Splash chicken with lime juice.
- Cut your avocados in half and remove the pit and the skin. Mash your avocado in a bowl (I use about 2 small avocados per serving).
- Top your avocado with your chicken and shredded cheese.
On mine I added sour cream, hot sauce, and a couple of grape tomatoes.
I’m not going to add the specific nutrition facts for this dish due to the optional toppings, but here is a breakdown of what I used:
1 Avocado: 3g net carbs, 289 calories, 26g fat, 3.5g protein
4oz Chicken breast: 0g carbs, 140 calories, 4g fat, 25g protein
2 Tbs Sour Cream: 1g net carbs, 60 calories, 5g fat, 1g protein
1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese: 1g net carbs, 110 calories, 9g fat, 6g protein
1/4 cup Grape Tomatoes: 1g net carbs, 7 calories, 0.1g fat, 0.5g protein
1/4 cup Green Onion: 1g net carbs, 10 calories, 0g fat, 0g protein